In this episode, l want to share how to turn your knowledge into an online course business in less than 30 days, even if you don’t have much tech-know, no email list, and little to no social media following.
In the last 10 years, I've made my living by turning my knowledge into an online business. Primary through the following money-generating vehicles of coaching, consulting, and courses by using the PiP method.
The P.I.P. Method is a term that I coined that stands for proving it’s profitable, and there are five essential steps to this strategy.
This process works.
I used the strategy to take my personal training business from $0 to 6-figures in less than 6-months.
I used the strategy to launch my new business, an online education business that allowed me to earn just under $12k in 5 days and has grown business to a steady $10k/month business.
And the important thing I want to point out is that I did it without a significant social media presence, email list, or by running paid ads.
I started with a heart to serve and little tech know-how and have taught myself everything.
I’ve also implemented this strategy for clients of mine who were able to tip their multiple six-figure businesses into the 7-figure mark, by pre-selling their online offers.
Now I’m going to walk you through the critical steps you need to take in order to be able to do the same.
One quick disclaimer: on this channel, I love to share proven intelligent online marketing and sales strategies to help you streamline your business processes and automate your income, but here’s the thing, before you can click those pieces of the puzzle into a place you must have a validated business offering to promote and deliver on.
I’ve made the rookie mistake of trying to perfectly package my knowledge into a digital course first, then take it to market and I made ZERO sales. It was a massive waste of time, energy, and resources.
That’s why today, I only use the pip method when I come up with a new paid offering idea, and I only teach my students how to use the pip method in their business.
Because the truth is you could have the best product in the world, but it means nothing if you don't have a market to sell it to.
With the PIP method, you present your idea to an already established market and if they buy you can move forward with your business idea.
1. Identify a problem that you've solved in your life or someone else’s that excites you to expand your knowledge base and get paid to share with others
2. Decide how you’ll help people clove this problem. *teach a live interactive session via zoom or a pop-up Facebook group
3. Craft a power promise statement that clearly conveys to your ideal paid clients what transformational experience you’ll provide ie. I help you turn your knowledge into an online business in less than 30 days without paid ads, an email list, or a large social following.
If you had a skill in helping newborn babies sleep through the night. Your power promise stamens might sound like this: ‘I help exhausted parents get their newborn baby to sleep through the night without being held so that the whole house can wake up happy and refreshed for the day ahead.
4. Outline your solution with 3-5 key checkpoints - this isn’t the time to write your best-selling book. We’re only looking for a chapter or two. This first iteration of your online offering should be easy to digest and a quick win for your paid clients. Keep it simple. Don’t hash out all of the details now. Plan to present your process live and allow plenty of time and space for your student to ask questions and pull the information out of you. Doing so will create the best first product you can make.
5. Package into a 1-of pdf - don’t for a second think that you need to focus on your brand colors, logo, or website. All of that will come in due time. The most important thing is to prove your idea is profitable. Collect payment. Validate your business idea first. A simple 1-page pdf will do the trick.
6. Price your offer - we could talk about pricing all day. I have several other episodes on this topic alone you might watch next, but land on a price you feel comfortable charging for keeping things simple. It’s ok if you sell your offer this first round for less you ideally want to take to market. Making money is great, but remember its not about the paycheck its about proving your intellect can be monetized. Over the years, I’ve taken my offering to publish with a price point of $10-$1,000. Just land on a price and move on to the next step.
7. Pitch your offer - find your people and share your offer. It's that simple. Don't get distracted with shiny online strategies just yet. Keep it simple. Go to your junk draw. Pull out old business cards. Scroll through your phone's point of contact and start making calls.
Online marketing strategies are great, and when used correctly, they can help you scale your business, but a common misconception is that they’re appropriate for beginner entrepreneurs and not.
The average conversion rate for online marketing strategies is about 0.5%, meaning that you’d have to get your offer in front of 1,000 people to maybe make five sales.
Versus making an offline approach of talking to people IRL and getting a 10-50% conversation rate.
Means you’d have to talk a significantly less number of people to make those same five sales; we’re talking 10-50 people.
When I first launched The Income Amplifier Program. I made a call prospects list of 25 people and closed eight sales at $997/ea. That’s a 32% close and I had ZERO sales skills. I just called them up and let them know how I could help.
Now I know that you can do the same.
So tell me, what area of knowledge are you thinking of turning into an online business. Tell me in the comments below.
And for more great tips on how to start, scale and skyrocket your online business be sure to tune into the next episode.
There you have it. That’s all you need to turn your knowledge into an online business in less than 30 days.